Today’s daily prompt ask us if our house was on fire and you can grab 5 things, what would you grab.
I’ve played something similar in real life, and this game is no fun. So I’ll tell you instead what possessions I missed the most when I lost at this game.
1) a basic black skirt. It’s simple. It can be dressed up for a night out or dressed up for work. And I couldn’t find one in any store during the 5 months when I was away from home.
2) any of my favorite books. My sister lent me some of her favorites, but it just wasn’t the same. And I didn’t know if I should buy new copies of my books or not. I didn’t want to have two copies in case my home hadn’t been destroyed.
3) my rugby boots. Again, I didn’t know if my old boots were still ok, so I had to play in soccer cleats. Fuck that. What’s the fun of stepping on someone if you’re not wearing metal spikes on the soles of your feet?
4) a digital camera. I’m usually not a huge picture fan, but surprisingly, I missed this. I guess I missed taking pictures of weird things to share with my friends. Without it, how would I shown people pictures of cool things like OMG! An ibex in a parking lot!
5) a vibrator. For serious. Yes, that is what I used your tax dollars to buy when I got some FEMA money (actually, I used FEMA money for rent, but money is fungible…). Hey, I lost everything. That included sex toys. No visual aide here. Use your imagination.